Monday, March 10, 2008

A Duty Dance with Mad Libs Mondays

Every Monday, I will post a mad libs list, which you can respond to by posting a comment with the appropriate words. Below, you will find the original story and where your words should be substituted for the originals. If you still want to play, you can find the list of blanks for which you will supply words at the bottom of the page. The number for each blank will help you substitute them correctly. Make sure your words are awesome.

* * *

Slaughterhouse-[1] not by Kurt Vonnegut

All this happened, more or less. The [2] parts, anyway, are pretty much true. One guy I know really was [3] in [4] for [5 in present continuous form (end with "ing")] a [6] that wasn’t his. Another guy I knew really did threaten to have his [7] [8] [9] by hired [10] after the [2] ... [11].

...

[12] aren’t supposed to [13] [14]. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.

I’ve [15] my [2] book now. After I finish my [16], the next one I [17] is going to be [18].

This one is a [19], and had to be, since it was [Past tense of 17] by a pillar of [20]. It begins like this:

[21]:

[22] has come [23] in [Plural of 24].


It ends like this:

[25]?

* * *

1. Number
2. Event
3. Past-tense verb
4. City where #2 could have taken place
5. Past-tense verb
6. Noun
7. Adjective
8. Plural noun
9. Past-tense verb
10. Plural noun
11. Expression people say when they hear about a death
12. Plural noun
13. Verb
14. Direction
15. Past-tense verb
16. Personal project or task, eg. novel, taxes, kazoo lesson
17. Verb
18. Adjective
19. Descriptive noun, negative connotation
20. Noun
21. Command
22. Well-known name
23. Past-tense verb you have made up but still might make sense to a reader
24. Noun
25. Animal sound

archived iposts